Thursday 23 July 2009

All the joys, none of the death

Sometimes, things come into your life that you’re not expecting. Like some 45 years ago, tobacco entered mine, and stayed with me … until seven weeks ago (as I write this in early July 2009) when the world of Electronic Smoking introduced itself.

Electronic Smoking (or “vaping” as it’s becoming known) removes all of the real reasons why folks would want to pack in smoking – the 400+ known carcinogens in traditional tobacco cigarettes – and leaves the nicotine and flavour.

With an E-cigarette, there is no passive smoking, no ash, no nasty smell lingering around, no “fag breath”, no need to slope off outside in the cold and wet in order to get your fix.

In other words, all the bad things go, and the good things stay – someone once put it to me –“it’s all the joys of smoking, with none of the death!”

So, when I first came across these little cylinders of nicotine-bearing joy, my first thought was “great – they beat the smoking ban, I can have a smoke in a pub, a club, a theatre, a shopping mall – anywhere, in fact” – which, of course you can – and I was going to continue to smoke traditional tobacco cigarettes.

Now, though, I’m over four weeks tobacco-free – I haven’t sparked a normal smoke up. Why? Because my Nucig tastes nicer, it’s cheaper (MUCH cheaper) than smokes in the UK, and, frankly, I quite like the notion that, in five years, I’ll have the same risk of lung cancer as a bloke my age who’s never smoked at all.

Try them out at this web site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post.